How to Build a WordPress Website for $100 or Less
What is a WordPress WebSite?
WordPress is one of the most popular website software platforms used to create one page websites, blogs and websites with many pages. One is able to work on their website anywhere, as long as they have Internet access.
It is used to showcase service and consulting type businesses, online stores, sales and landing pages, marketing pages and many more…Famous users of WordPress include The New York Times, CNN and Mashable.
WordPress can be downloaded and installed for free on the computer server of a web hosting company of your choice. A source for free templates are available at WordPress.org.
Getting Started – 3 Easy Steps
1) Get a domain name. A domain name is your website address on the Internet. This is how your friends, family and customers will find you. Example: www.webbusinesswebdesign.com
A source that we use is called NameCheap
2) Sign up for Web Hosting Service. There are a number of companies that will provide these services, prices ranging from $3.95/month up.
The web hosting company provides you with the ability to store your website files on their computer servers so that your website can be viewed 24/7. They will provide WordPress as a free install, as well as a host of other services, that include webmail (so that you can use your domain name with your email address), site visitor information, spam mail protectors, SSL certificates for sites that process forms and collect money so that your users can feel secure in ordering from you.
3) Select a WordPress Templates. Lots of free WordPress design templates are available at WordPress.org. You can filter out the kind of design that you are looking for, i.e. Consultant, Service, Restaurant, Beauty Salon, etc. Even though the templates free wordpress, however, for some of the additional whistles and bells that you may want, the template Developer will charge a fee for the Pro version.
However, you can feel comfortable in using the WordPress platform because it was designed for non-programmers/techies. There are lots of Youtube “How To” videos that can walk you through creating your website.
Plugins and Extensions (Apps) – There are 40,000+ free plugins. To create forms for your website, add custom type features for examples, there are plugins. Plugins are little apps that Developers have created that allow you to install a specific type of feature onto your website. Some Developers, however, do charge a fee for the Pro version of their app that would provide more features then the free one.
WordPress WebSite Costs Breakdown (Under $100)
– Domain Name – $9.99/year and up (to maintain, will need to pay when time to renew)
– Web Hosting – $3.95/month (annual payment – $47.40) – you pay a webhosting fee every year
– Free WordPress Templates (available at WordPress.org and other sites – DIY)
– Plugins and Extensions (Apps) – Lots of free ones, but may be a charge for Pro version
If you want to get started today, check out the “All In One” Web Hosting Plan featured on the right for only $3.95/mo. “Help You Get Started Help” is included when you sign up. Check out our Gallery (we will help you create a one page website for your business)
Have questions, need consultation, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.